posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop Maxprop is offline

Default 1D35 results

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...
Yeah, but did you have fun sailing anyway???
Keep at it. You couldn't have expected any serious sailing at the
start.

Honestly, if I'd been able to dominate the fleet from the beginning (highly
unlikely for even very experienced racers in a new boat and seasoned fleet),
I'd likely not have any desire to continue racing the boat. As it is it's a
challenge, and a big one at that. The other sailors and crews are quite
good and know the 1D35 well. My mistakes are mostly from not understanding
the boat that well. It sails like nothing I've ever sailed before, which
isn't bad. Rather it's a very exciting boat and accelerates like a rocket
under most points of sail, but it's not terribly forgiving of errors and
stupidity. I have a lot to learn, and to answer your question, yeah, I'm
having a ball. I love this racing. I'm not happy about having to replace
my .75 oz spinnaker so soon, but that's the price one pays to race. I'm
hoping the current black sails I'm using will last throughout the rest of
this season. I've already ordered a new suit of Mylar/Kevlar/spectra/carbon
sails for next season, the loft is that backlogged.

Max