HK HK is offline

Default More Questions

RogueIT wrote:
I have a couple questions in my quest to know as much about boats
before I buy a boat

How many hours (roughly) on a boat would equal 100,000 miles on a car
engine?
is there some equation to convert hours = miles of wear?

It is a ludicrous comparison, although many make it.

How often do you change the oil in a boat?

On a four cycle gasoline engine? About every 50 hours.

Do you have to dry dock a boat to do this or is it easier?

That's one of those "it depends" questions, but, typically, no. You do
need a reliable way to catch and dispose of the used oil.

Is it true that Volvo has a better engine than mercuiser?

No.

What are everyone's feelings on Regal Vs other boat manufactures?

Regal is a middle of the pack boat.

What is dead rise and why does it matter?

thanks
Rogue

Without the dead rising, the religions of ancient Egypt and modern
Christianity would be in a heap of trouble.

Serious answer.

It is the angle formed at the rear of the boat (the transom) at the
bottom of the hull. It's a mild to sharper VEE shape. All else being
equal, and it rarely is, the more deadrise on small planing boat, the
more it will punch through larger waves. But deadrise alone does not
make a boat easy riding.