Camilo

Default over loading - tell me you you have experienced and help me

"Gregory McGuire" wrote in message
Today I went to lake camanche (in California), and I think I overloaded my
boat and it handled like it was listing to one side and then the other. I
was afraid that if I went too fast that I could loose control. Steering

was
very heavy and unresponsive. I wanted to make two trips but my younger
brother said we were going to be all right.

It could be that this is a function of several factors - overloading, too
much weight forward, motor trimmed in too much and the hydrofoil on your
lower unit. There has been quite a few discussions on iboats.com forums on
this sort of phenomenon. for example, check out this link for a similar
(not identical) problem:

http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ul...c;f=1;t=009102

The bottom line is that the hydrofoil can exacerbate hull steering in some
situations, especially if the motor is trimmed too far in and the bow is
plowing a little.