BooBoo12321

Default Buying first boat w/ 3 partners ?

I know with a partnership, I will easily have as much time to use the boat
as I desire. (Realistically, 2x a week)
And there is a 100% chance my costs will be lower.....

What gameshow?
Lower, Bob!
Higher, Bob!!
LOWER, BOB!!!!
YAAAAAAAAH!!!

"Curtis CCR" wrote in message
om...
"BooBoo12321" wrote in message

v.net...
Don't go into a partnership think that it will reduce the cost of

ownership to a small fraction of sole ownership. For exmaple - If I
bought a boat with two other parties, I would expect (off the top of
my head) to save 40% (maaaaybe 50%) off the total cost of owning the
boat alone.

50% is a large fraction!!

But to save that 50% you are sharing with two other parties.

Some may go into a partnership with one other party and think their
cost will be cut in half. Or go in two other people and think that
their cost would be on third that of sole owner ship. A successful
partnership may have higher overall costs that need needed to be
divided - that was my point.

certain maintenance items that many owners may do

themselves might be better "contracted" out in a partneship.

ALL work would be contracted out, b/c we have no boat knowledge.