posted to rec.boats.building
Lodewijk Stegman Lodewijk Stegman is offline

Default Polyurethane and tacky epoxy

schreef in news:1182605034.890782.50700
@m36g2000hse.googlegroups.com

Has anyone tried or know what would happen if you applied a
polyurethane product over epoxy when the epoxy was still tacky. Would
the adhesion be better? Would it intefere with the cure of the epoxy?
What about a latex primer over sticky epoxy? Anyone try anything like
that to try and get a better adhesion to the epoxy?

I have never tried it, for the reason that my local vendor warns against
doing this. They even claim that is wise not to paint epoxy before it is
fully (and I mean FULLY) cured. That can take up to a week, depending on
temperature and formulation of the epoxy.

Adding another coat, before the previous coat is not fully cured, works
great for the adhesion between coats of epoxy, but not between epoxy and
something else.

--
Lodewijk