posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default Unhappy Corolla Owners

I don't drive in heavy traffic or in such a
manner that I would have to do a series of hard stops. I know it's not
race car and I don't need to pretend I'm a race driver.

No, pretending you owned a performance car would be a mistake. As for
brake fade, a problem for the Corolla, lets just hope you never
experience a situation to bring it into a scenerio.

When I want to read a good review, I write one.

But not an honest one. The Corolla is not known as a good handling
chassis. And it isn't. Period.

What?

A quiet interior is something self respecting entusiast drivers enjoy
in better cars. The Tribeca is class leading in that respect.

I don't put three adults in the back seat. Why would I want to?

A very sad and revealing response.

It's not the 1/4 mile time or 0-60. It's the first 30 feet. A
better measure
of a car's utility is the 40-80 mph acceleration test. This is most
likely a
highway requirement, not 0-60 mph.

The Corolla lacks the torque to be safe in ANY speed requirement. It
simply can't get out of it's own way.

I bought mine for less than that new. Do you buy your cars at retail?

It does not enter into the realm of motoring. But neither
does any Subaru product.

Toyota does not agree with you. They recently bought a stake in Subaru
away from GM. Like most real driving enthusiasts, they know what
Subaru has done with the WRX, STI and LGT...three cars that stomp on
the toes of a lot of European cars from BMW and Audi. The STI tuned
Legacy will go even further with a whopping 340 HP stock and even more
aggressive handling.

Toyota = real driving enthusiasts! You so funny!

Toyota wants Subaru's relationship with the enthusiast community. You
missed the point. The WRX, STI and LGT are very popular in the sports
car market. The STI is already a legend. And Toyota's last incarnation
of the Supra was a excellent touring car to say the least. Seems like
you don't know anything about Toyota's history at all.

I'm not comparing my hamster mobile to a Legacy.

Nope, you've compared it to a car I don't own. That's the best you can
do. And only someone with little money would pick a Corolla over a
Impreza of course.

I agree, raw numbers don't mean much. But I'll give you some leeway
since
that is all you have.

Actually...All I have are these nice cars in my driveway. I enjoy
them. I used to drive cars like yours, but now I'm older and deserve
(and have) better. If a Corolla is what you deserve or it's the best
you can afford, that's entirely your fault.

Was that Atomic 4 in your Pearson sold as a working engine? Your
handiwork?

And it's still working.

I love my Corolla, much more than your Impreza. You couldn't give
me your
Impreza, it is too uneconomical.

I couldn't give you one since I don't own one. Actually, outside of an
STI I wouldn't own a Corolla or an Imprezza. I plan to buy the Legacy
GT-STI in 2009.

RB
35s5
NY