posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz Bob Crantz is offline

Default Unhappy Corolla Owners

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
The #1 complaint about Toyota was that it supposedly got the same gas
mileage (23 mpg) as the Subaru!

No, you clearly did not read the complaints on Edmunds either.

I read them fully. I carefully selected the one that had best impact (The
Art of Controversy).

However I will address the issues below:

Corolla issues:

Poor/unsafe handling even with tire upgrade

Have not experienced this even in winter Rocky Mt driving.

Brake fade

Have not experienced this even on 12% downhill grades.

Vague center steering response at speed

Nope.

Too much road noise for long drives

Very excessive road noise. Can't use cell phone, stereo must be turned up
all the way. Road noise is not helped by changing tires.

Too little room for adults

Maybe in the back seat.

Awful powerplant and accelration for highway use

Awful off the line acceleration, almost stalls.

MPG far less than expected.

44 mpg highway. 36+ around town.

NO 5 star crash rating as with Legacy.

5 star driver and passenger, just like Legacy at 1/2 the price and twice the
gas mileage!

It's okay for trips to the A&P, but a real car it aint.

I drive it to King Kullen. It's not a real car, it's economical
transportation. It does not enter into the realm of motoring. But neither
does any Subaru product.

Sorry!

I'm not!

RB