posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising
Larry Larry is offline

Default Converting Diesel engines to burn Bio-fuel

"Scotty" wrote in news:Z7-dnRa7DaWHg-
:

what do you do with the remaining 3'' of oil, and muck?

SBV

We dump the bottom 3" into another box and let it settle for another
month when the box gets full. This allows us to recover yet another 4.5
gallons of clean oil to burn. After doing this a couple of cycles, we
pour the sludge into a burn barrel used to keep government snoops from
going through George's trash to get his business records. It's simply
burned....along with the now-empty boxes and residual oil left in them.

I'd say we get to use about 99.8% of the oil I collect. After that fine
screen filter back at the restaurant, there's very little residue left in
the oil. The diesels don't care about the slightly burned color and
taste as long as any particles are so small they, too, will be injected
and not clog the nozzles.

Our fuel must be cleaner than oil company fuel oil. Noone has had a fuel
filter in the vehicles clog or need changing since we started. Our tanks
are perfectly clean...unlike their tanks underground at the station.

Larry
--
http://www.spp.gov/
The end of the USA and its Constitution....RIP