Don White Don White is offline

Default Wind direction in cruising

"Justin C" wrote in message
In article . com, Terry K
wrote:

For those who cannot be sailing, I reccommend this You Tube sailing
kite camera

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKGup...elated&search= the
music is Enya, "Orinoco flow."

I'd be interested to know what kind of kite he used for this, it's got
to be damn stable, and generate a lot of lift to carry the camera. It's
also got to be predictable enough that you aren't going to dunk the
camera. At first I thought it likely to be a rokaku, but they're just no
fun getting in the air; the only other thing would be a big(ish) delta,
but he lets it out so steady, I wouldn't have thought a delta, carrying
weight would be up to the job.

Fascinating stuff, and a great way of filming yourself sailing at minmal
cost.

ooohh! Perhaps it wasn't a kite, perhaps it was a bunch of helium
ballooms tied together!

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.

Don't laugh... you can get a lot of lift from those helium balloons......
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0337960/