posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop Maxprop is offline

Default Re-core ? ? ?

OzOne wrote in message ...
On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 13:17:45 GMT, "Maxprop"
scribbled thusly:

Hunters, Catalinas, Beneteaus, Jeanneaus, shall I continue? None of them
are built for conditions similar to the 'average' Hobart.

Actually, 'average' Hobart is just a coastal jaunt....I'm going this
year....Sometimes it's as tough as they get.

But one never knows until the race, does one. Good luck--I envy you that.

Bennies and Jennies do the race every year and survive even the bad
ones.

That is surprising. I suppose such boats could quietly drop out if the
forecast failed to bode well.

If I had the resources, I'd love to buy Sayonara and do the Hobart. Perhaps
I could steal her--I doubt if Ellison has given her a thought in over five
years.

Max