posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising
Larry Larry is offline

Default Converting Diesel engines to burn Bio-fuel

Joe wrote in news:1182270215.620722.115960
@n2g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

Seems that all that is required long term is to replace anything
rubber. As rubber is disolved long term. Your pump and injectors
should not be affected inless they have internal rubber parts.

Joe

I've never figured out why anything you use that bypasses the current
supply train eats rubber. Why would corn or canola oil eat rubber? It
doesn't in the fryers at 450F. I've never seen any dissolved rubber in
my fries...(c;

They said the same thing over R-134a to try to rip us with "conversions"
from R-12. I pumped the R-12 from the 300TD wagon to my 220D antique
diesel car. I changed out the fittings to the new ones. I pumped a
vacuum on the system, injected the R-134a oil and filled it with R-134a.
That was years ago. Not a single piece of rubber failed, as predicted by
anyone selling "conversions".

None of the rubber hoses, return hoses, supply hoses, seals/fittings/etc.
shows any difference running either 170F pure oil or my homebrew mixes of
gas/veggie or mineral spirits/veggie. I think the rubber rumors comes
from OIL COMPANIES. GASOLINE is far more toxic to anything it touches
than any oil....including veggie.

Larry
--
http://www.spp.gov/
The end of the USA and its Constitution....RIP