Rosalie B. Rosalie B. is offline

Default Wind direction in cruising

stormtactic wrote:

After almost twenty years of cruising under sail, I have finally noticed
that the wind is always coming from the direction of my destination.

I have also noticed that the wind is either: "Variable less than ten
knots" or "small craft warning."

There is an article in Chesapeake Bay where the weather forecast is
for winds of 10 to 20 knots, and a tugboat captain says that when he
gets a forecast like that, he adds the two figures together, and that
is more nearly right than the original forecast.

I wonder if Eole went to school with my first wife and if i should not
just sell the sailboat and buy a trawler?

Have fun