Tim Tim is offline

Default two days on the '23 ft. Marquis cuddie....

That's why I usually don't fill the boat untill the last stop before
the lake. and Usually the Huck's is about the cheapest place to buy
gas before we hit the water anyhow.

HK wrote:
Tim wrote:
On Jun 18, 7:34 pm, John H. wrote:

Glad to hear all went so well, Tim. You got one hell of a deal. You must
have some great karma!-

"Karma"?

Well? I suppose "Karma" wil be determined by how many gallons this
beast will guzzle over a summer.... ?:

whe I got the boat, the fuel tank was reading at 1/2. you could jossle
the boat a bit and the fuel guage would twitch, so I knew it there was
"something" in there. first day out, I dropped in $50.00 (15 gal)
*gulp!* That raised the tank to 3/4. OK, I feel better now. after
cruising and playing for a bit, retired for the day. Sat, I dropped
anopther $50.00 in it *gulp!* and that raised it to "full" so....

I have now idea how much gas this boat holds, but I'd say it has close
to a 50 gal tank.

Eh, what the heck. If I was worried about economy, I wouldn't have a
boat anyhow.

It's all equated in the "fun factor", John.

One of my boats has a 170-gallon gasoline tank. It's a 25-footer,
nominally (measures about 32' from the ass end of the engine bracket to
the front of the bow pulpit). At a decent cruise speed, the engine burns
about nine gallons an hour. That's about $30-$32 an hour. Bad, but it
could be worse, and probably will be at some point. I can keep track of
the fuel burn because I have a flow gauge that does that for me.

I go out fishing with three buddies. We split the costs for fuel and
bait. Usually comes out to $25 a guy for a full day of fishing. That
makes the cost reasonable, in my mind.

Unless we're going a long distance by boat, I never keep more than 50-70
gallons in the tank. Carrying around an extra 100 gallons or so of
gasoline wastes time, money and energy.