Reginald P. Smithers III Reginald P. Smithers III is offline

Default two days on the '23 ft. Marquis cuddie....

Tim wrote:
On Jun 18, 7:34 pm, John H. wrote:

Glad to hear all went so well, Tim. You got one hell of a deal. You must
have some great karma!-

"Karma"?

Well? I suppose "Karma" wil be determined by how many gallons this
beast will guzzle over a summer.... ?:

whe I got the boat, the fuel tank was reading at 1/2. you could jossle
the boat a bit and the fuel guage would twitch, so I knew it there was
"something" in there. first day out, I dropped in $50.00 (15 gal)
*gulp!* That raised the tank to 3/4. OK, I feel better now. after
cruising and playing for a bit, retired for the day. Sat, I dropped
anopther $50.00 in it *gulp!* and that raised it to "full" so....

I have now idea how much gas this boat holds, but I'd say it has close
to a 50 gal tank.

Eh, what the heck. If I was worried about economy, I wouldn't have a
boat anyhow.

It's all equated in the "fun factor", John.

Tim,
You will find the gas guage will probably not reflect the actual amount
of gas in the tank, (ie in a 50 gal tank, a guage reading 1/2 full will
not mean you have 25 gals of gas). So make sure you watch how fast the
guage will drop once you get below 1/3 of a tank.

I have found by running the boat in the 3200-3300 rpm range (fast enough
to keep it on plane), gives me just as much fun factor per hour, at
substantial lower gph.