Tim Tim is offline

Default two days on the '23 ft. Marquis cuddie....

Man, this is a swell boat! Took it out to a small lake (Omega) at
Forbes State Park, for a bit of of a run and getting familiar with
it. WOW, was I impressed! for a thirty yr old craft, this thing is
solid. engine ran flawlwss, and steering was great. it took a bit to
get used to the four-button trim switch, and the Morse-type throttle/
gear shift. But I was really amazed at how well this boat handled and
trimmed out very nicely. it IS a bit heavy and the 228 hp. 350 GM
seemed to pour its guts into getting it out on plane, but once the bow
settled down, it sped really nicely. if there is any accuracy to the
speedometer at all, it was saying 46 mph @ 4100 rpm. that was WOT., it
could have climbed a bit higher, but I figure thats enough for the
engine, so I ba ked it down to 3100, it cruised very well at that
speed..

This is one of the nicest riding boats I've ever been on. I don't know
if thats from hull design, or because of its weight, but it sliced
thorugh wakes well, and didn't jar and bang us around.

Plenty of power to pull the nephews up on ski's while not having to
trim down. Just left the trim alone, and up they came.

That was on Thursday evening, and Sat was a pretty good day of more
of the same. All I really would like to do to the engine, is switch
over to a Pertronix ignition, but this boat starts and runs so well, I
really don't think it's necessary at this time.

I've got some ideas on tricking out the boat, and making it a bit
nicer, and adding top for it. But other wise, it's good to go.

When we got back home with it, I looked at the little 18 ft. Chris
Craft,a nd wondered how I even fit in it anyhow.

Anyhow, for a cheap investment of less than $1500.00 US, and a trip
to SW Ohiom, I can't be happier. Seems like if you shop you can find a
bargian occassionally.