posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.electronics
Chuck Chuck is offline

Default puzzling prop electrolysis or corrosion...

Al Thomason wrote:

There is no disfigurement to the prop, in fact the Black almost looks
like it has been anodized, if such a thing is possible with bronze.
Scrape down a small area, and the prop is not overly 'pink' under.
But I tell you , the black prop is a little disturbing looking, no
wonder I can not catch any spring salmon :-)

I'm still leaning toward copper sulfide
formation, Al. Didn't catch it before,
but you said the other underwater
bronzes are unbonded, and therefore
freely eroding (at a very small rate, of
course). That could explain why only the
prop was affected. The previous prop
never had this black film in the same
location?

Chuck