John Davison

Default 78 Merc 200: How to wire mercury kill switch??

(John Davison) wrote in message om...
I just got a 1978 Mercury Black Max 200. The engine runs, but it's
missing the mercury kill switch. I bought and installed a new kill
switch. However I'm not sure if I installed it correctly (I do not
have a spark).

There are two wires that lead from the switch. The short wire is
grounded by the bolt that holds the kill switch itself. There is
another black wire coming from the alternator that is also grounded by
the switch bolt. Is this correct?

The second wire is attached to a terminal block with two other wires
from the switch boxes. The wiring diagrams claims they should be
orange wires. However they look brown to me. Is this correct?

Pictures:
http://www.davisonfamily.org/john/me...0Starboard.jpg
http://www.davisonfamily.org/john/me...0Starboard.jpg

-- John

To answer my own question; yes, that is the correct way to wire a
mercury kill switch.

-- John