posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Mac26X fit for all waters

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 15:44:40 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 13:59:57 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

the F24 is a possibility for the trips I
have in mind. This thing can sail as fast as a Mac can power, and
actually drafts less.

More correctly stated, it can sail circles around a Mac.

I had a ring side seat for the Corsair 28Rs at Key West Race Week this
year and they were extremely impressive. Here's a link to an
interesting GPS based video of the last race which does a good job of
illustrating their off wind speed:

http://tinyurl.com/34xanw

Very nice. I can watch this one a few times at a time.
Do you what the x/y axes represent? Yards?
How about wind speeds?

--Vic