posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing
Ed Gordon Ed Gordon is offline

Default Mac26X fit for all waters

Duncan McC (NZ) wrote in
. nz:

Pretty scary you would say the price is good for a Mac 26 in Oz/NZ,
given what I've heard. Were you looking there or in the U.S.?
Agree on the Mac 26 cabin. The spartan nature gives it a less
claustrophobic feel than similar sized boats. But some will see that
lack of cabinetry as inadequate stowage.

Indeed the word 'spartan' came to mind - and indeed there is not a lot
of locker space as a result - probably not *that* bad for a weekend or
even a week away - at least everything is at hand (don't have to
rumage around lockers - as I do on my boat).

There's more storage space than you might think. Check out this video
and watch the part where the dude shows all the storage. Pretty
impressive sales pitch.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...19&q=macgregor

--
Cheerio,