posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing
Ed Gordon Ed Gordon is offline

Default Mac26X fit for all waters

Charlie Morgan wrote in
:

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 23:25:03 -0400, "Scotty"
wrote:

"Ed Gordon" wrote in message
.78...

It's longer than I thought. How about this? Buy the Macs

on the US east
coast and then go to Australia via Cape Horn. That way it

would be
westerly winds the whole way. Just stay on the edge of the

roaring 40s
so it wouldn't be too rough and it would be a milk run the

whole way.
One could re-provision in South Africa. Going across the

Equator south
of the Windwards would be the only light wind area.

never heard of a shipping container, eh genius?

I doubt the Mac26x/m would even be a good shipping container. If they
dropped one a foot or two, it would open like a spring loaded pinata.

CWM

You just ain't to bright there, man! He meant putting the Mac inside a
shipping container. Not using a Mac for a shipping container.

Make a cradle padded with carpet to set the Mac on and then slide it
right into the shipping container. Then pad it out with styrofoam
peanuts or something like that. It would survive without a scratch even
in a hurricane.

--
Cheerio,
Ed Gordon