posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing
Ed Gordon Ed Gordon is offline

Default Mac26X fit for all waters

Duncan McC (NZ) wrote in
. nz:

Agreed it was the skipper's fault - however, *when* do you have the
water ballast in?

Or better... when do you operate with no water ballast in?

You launch the boat. Then you fill the ballast tank. You pull the boat
back onto the trailer and out and then you drain the tank. You just need
to remember those two simple things.

IMO, that's a curly question - and best answered (unlike the info
online) - "all the time the boat is in the water".

Exactly right!!!

I would disagree and say it's not a very fast sailboat, and not a very
fast motorboat (people don't *really* waterski behind them do they!!!)

I'd say it's a bit on the slow side for water skiing but knee boarding
and tubing it's plenty fast.

What is the Macs?

It looks like 1/8 inch to me. I don't think it's metric being made in
California.

You can't make the rigging too tight on a Mac because the roof supports
the mast and there isn't a post under it. You could bend the roof if you
tried to make the mast too tight.

--
Cheerio,
Ed Gordon