Calif Bill Calif Bill is offline

Default Kitchen Carpentry 101

"Don White" wrote in message

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
ink.net...

There is only valid one reason to lease a vehicle. That is if you can
write off the expenses to a business. If you buy a vehicle, there are
limits on the depreciation deduction. Otherwise, leasing is buying a car
with no down payment and paying a premium interest rate. Has nada to do
with annual miles driven. If you drive gross amounts of miles a year,
the business deduction may not save you as much as the excess mileage
charges. If you just want a good daily driver, buy a lease return that is
1 - 2 years old and has 10-15K miles. You will be money ahead. My
shoulders have a head with a brain in it. Is why I would not lease a
vehicle. Maybe you can explain how you are ahead leasing a Ranger. Will
be interesting to peruse the answer.

Simple transaction. Needed something a big stronger to tow my sailboat.
Ford had a special no interest, no down payment deal on Ranger trucks.
The standard transmission models were the best deal at $209.00 CDN a month
on a 36 month lease.
For wife & son use I had to lease the automatic V6 with A/C at $259.00 per
month.

That's $10K over the lease. Plus what is the residual value? Plus the up
front costs?