posted to alt.sailing.asa
Ed Gordon Ed Gordon is offline

Default Men are totally incompetent!

Bill wrote in
ups.com:

No no no. There's no question the Exodus was going east. Any body of
water they had to cross was on their east. Why would they cross a
body of water that was on their west? Sea of Reeds, Red Sea no matter
the name the body of water had to be to the east of the Exodus or
there would be little reason to go across it. Check out the maps in
the Bible and you'll see what I mean.

I'm not that familiar with Exodus so please enlighten me. Where were
they going to and where did they come from? i thought they were going
from Egypt to what later bacame Israel. I may be wrong on the
destination but I am pretty sure they started in Egypt. I saw the ten
commandments years ago but I really don't remember. Now if they left
Egypt and crossed the Red Sea, according to you they went East. Is
that right?

Bill

They were finally freed by Pharoe because God sent plague after plague
on Pharoe. Faroe then had second thoughts because he was losing all his
slaves which were his workforce. So he sent his army after them.

The Bible says Moses people headed south to the promised land. South and
east to be exact toward Mt. Sinai and the land of Sin. But one arm of
the Red Sea was blocking their way into the wilderness of Shur which
they had to cross to get to Mt. Sinai.

So they had to go east across the northwest arm of the Red Sea,, yes
that's right, exactly right.

--
Cheerio,
Ed Gordon