Default Fuel carrying

If I am to use plastic fuel can which on is preferred?
So far I have look at the Scepter
http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|311|302335|7364&id=181410
and the Wedco sold at Wal-Mart.

wrote in message

http://www.worldwidewiley.com/2boat.shtml

Look at the "Jerry Cans" article. I don't particularly endorse
carrying fuel on deck, but lots of folks do it. Several companies
also make flexible tanks rated for fuel, I believe. I have a length
of pvc pipe threaded to match the cap on my fuel filler deck fitting.
Remove the cap, thread in the pipe, then pour in the fuel from the
jerrycan at a comfortable height without spilling. Also, spray or
solid water that comes on deck at the wrong time won't find its way
into the tank.

Wiley

On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 11:42:36 -0300, wrote:

Most new sailboat today carry about 20 USGals of diesel fuel on board.
Some
even have a 40 - 50 gals tanks on board. The boat I planning on having
has
a three cylinders engine and only a 20 gals tank. At time, when a storm
or
hurricane is behind you may have to make a mad dash in light wind
condition
to reach a safe heaven. Then 20 gals of fuel may not be enough to reach
the
safe heaven. What would be the best way to carry extra fuel?