posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default Ghost and the Sea Wolf

Who's we're all? Are you speaking for your puppets or what?

Joe, you believe that I have puppets here??? Okay.

What I was looking for is a well told story with background and
common
sence to match.

Curtiz work often reflected a stylistic approach that required some
imagination and cinematic education from the viewer.

What you call artistic view is about the same thing they did with
the
Perfect Storm. In trying to create an artistic mood they made the
crew
and Skipper of the Andrea Dora look like a boat load of
retards....but
the lubbers ate it up.

Who ate it up? The Perfect Storm was a dissapointment both
economically and critically. The Sea Wolf was popular on both fronts.

I guess if you are watching an artist versions of mariners it
would
be better if you are an baffon lubber and not have a clue so you can
enjoy it and not be bothered by the glaring stupity...huh?

Like I said, you never read the book, You have no idea how stupid you
sound. The Ghost is depicted in the movie much as it was in the book.
Curtiz pushed it further, but even in the book, "Unlike other ships,
the decks of the Ghost lay barren and lonely; her crew hidden away in
fear."
So now we all know that you're not only too stupid to understand a
good movie, but also ignorant of it's famous source.
Well done, Joe!

RB
35s5
NY