posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bill Bill is offline

Default Men are totally incompetent!

I'm not that familiar with Exodus so please enlighten me. Where were
they going to and where did they come from? i thought they were going
from Egypt to what later bacame Israel. I may be wrong on the
destination but I am pretty sure they started in Egypt. I saw the ten
commandments years ago but I really don't remember. Now if they left
Egypt and crossed the Red Sea, according to you they went East. Is
that right?

Now they are traveling East and the wind starts to blow From the East
or to the East? Does the wind blow all of the water out of the sea?
How come it doesn't blow north or south to push the water out of the
way but rather in the direction of travel?

My point earlier about the name being wrong is that if it was sea of
reeds it may not have been a body of water at all. It could have been
a large field of reeds growing somewhere, in which case it could have
been west. There are way to many inconsistencies here to just accept
as truth not to mention that it wasn't even a first hand account. The
story was passed down for generations verbally and then written
later.