Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Fuel carrying

On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 01:05:04 +0100, Ian Malcolm
wrote:

Wayne, your 3 quarts per hour figure seems a little low or do you
usually cruise at half throttle? (I'm guessing your engine is around 25
HP as there is little point in haveing a 3 cylender diesel rated at
under 20 HP)

My engine is actually a 27 hp 4 cyl and drives my primary generator.
At half load it burns about 1 gal/hr. Extrapolating downward 25% or
so is where my guesstimate came from. The traditional rule of thumb
for diesels is 1 gph for every 17 hp actually developed.