HK HK is offline

Default Climate change reveals some interesting old boats

NOYB wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
Wayne.B wrote:
On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 12:43:34 -0400, wrote:

This has a lot more to do with SFWMD and the army corps draining down
the lake than the drought. You didn't really hear much about it but my
son in law (water manager for SFWMD) told me they almost lost the
Hoover dike during Wilma and the order went out to drain down the
lake.
Any idea when Lake O might make it back up to navigable (for me)
depths of 5.5 to 6 ft?

Right now I have to detour over 200 NM through the Keys to the east
coast.

Awwww. Well, you could always rent a flatbed rail car.

I know a Dr. in town who has his 36' boat trailered across to Ft. Lauderdale
when he wants to make a trip to the Bahamas because it saves him time and
fuel.

Sounds like a smart move to me. Getting there is not the kind of boating
I enjoy. Being there is.