Bruce Bruce is offline

Default Sunbrela Colour

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 21:04:46 -0500, "KLC Lewis"
wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

Just to clear the air, the traditional color for awnings was always
white.

From the days of sailing ships right up to sometime after ww-II when
the unwashed hordes took up "boating" the traditional awning was
bleached cotton canvas -- white that is.

Bruce in Bangkok
(brucepaigeatgmaildotcom)

Very true. Essie had white Sunbrella canvas when I bought her, 6 years ago.
I went to dark green as a "fashion statement," in part -- I thought it
looked better and accented the green cove stripe. Also, it looks clean even
when it's not -- which is not true of the white.

There is a boat banging around Asia for years named "Watermelon" The
predominant color is green. The mainsail cover has a section at the
mast that looks like a slice of watermelon. It sounds kind of weird
but actually looks good.

Bruce in Bangkok
(brucepaigeatgmaildotcom)