posted to alt.sailing.asa
[email protected] PhantMan@nospam.invalid is offline

Default 3 or 4 hurricane sailboats

Joe steelredcloud wrote:
How's the town fairing these days?

The debris is almost all picked up but the rebuilding has been slow.
You can count the number of replaced beach homes (between Gpt City
limits) on one hand. Frank B's post pretty well covers the rest.

I was amazed at the number of volunteers from all over the place that
came in to help clean up. Unfortunately, there was no place to put
them. The coast went from 17,000 hotel rooms to 4,000 during the
storm, so they were mostly staying in tents, in and under their trucks
& cars, and many times right out in the open. We owe a *lot* of people
a debt we'll never be able to repay.

Rick