posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default 3 or 4 hurricane sailboats

On Jun 4, 12:10 pm, Frank Boettcher wrote:
On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 08:21:44 -0700, Joe
wrote:

On Jun 4, 9:27 am, Frank Boettcher wrote:
On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 20:22:01 -0700, Joe
wrote:

How many can you see ashore? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUWCBUM7_Eg

Are you ready?
What have you done to get ready?

Joe

Brings a tear to my eye. My home port for 26 years of boat
ownership.

Frank

The wind was cranking..that's for sure.
How's the town fairing these days?

Joe

I was last down in January, and at that time, not so hot. I lived
there during the Camille recovery and the difference in recovery time
is dramatic.

Lots of issues about insurability, building codes, etc., delaying a
good bit of the reconstruction, particularly residential. Gulfport
small craft harbor, a very large harbor and the place where I kept my
boats until I sold the last one in '97, lost all piers and slips and
none are back yet.

It will eventually come, but they don't need another near term direct
hit. What they need is a pass for another 35 years like they had from
Camille to Katrina. All the little ones in between were non events.

Frank- Hide quoted text -

FN insurance goons can eat **** IMO. Always happy to take your money,
but paying out is a different story.

Joe