Calif Bill Calif Bill is offline

Default We are now all Homeland Secuirty Threats

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Calif Bill" wrote in message
k.net...

"thunder" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 19:21:29 +0000, Calif Bill wrote:

The main difference between Bush and Carter is that Carter wasn't and
isn't an idiot.

But he was also a poor POTUS.

I'll agree Carter's Presidency wasn't successful, but I also think
history will show him in a better light. I keep wondering what would
have happened if Reagan hadn't discarded Carter's initiative to be
energy
independent by 2000. Perhaps, we wouldn't be in Iraq right now.

We would probably not have as much problems with the Islamic extremists,
if Carter had done something about the Iranian Hostage Crises. Showed
the Middle East they could do what they want with no consequences.

You mean, the way we're showing whomever our resolve in finding the
missing soldiers in Iraq? They're hostages, assuming they're alive. What
would you do about that?

Maybe we should take a lesson from the Russians when they had their
personnel kidnapped in Beirut. They caught a couple of the same group and
chopped them up and sent the parts to the rest. With a statement that there
would be or 10x for every hostage killed. We screwed up kicking over the
bees nest in Iraq, so now we have to deal with the bees. Maybe we should
remember what the job of the military is. To kill people. Kill a lot more
of the bad guys, and wipe out any town or neighborhood helping them. Would
be calmed down very soon.