Bruce Bruce is offline

Default Tool Box on board .. what goes in the box

On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 11:17:37 -0400, Charlie Morgan
wrote:

On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 08:05:26 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

"Keith" wrote in message
roups.com...
Duct tape and WD-40.

If it moves when it shouldn't, use the duct tape.
If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40.

Oh yea, and a very large hammer if the above fails.

Not WD-40.. use something that lubricates and prevents rust. 40 doesn't
lubricate...

Read the MSDS, Jon. It's about 30% petroleum oil. It is light weight
oil, so it may not be a superior long term lubricant, but it sure is a
useful short term lubricant. It also protectes againt rust pretty
effectively.

CWM

It might be "light weight oil" but it certainly is not a long term
lubricant. I've got some router cutters stored in a "tupper ware"
container. To prevent rust I sprayed them liberally with WD-40. Some
six months later I opened the container and not a sign of oil.
However, the cutters were covered with a brown sticky coating and
hadn't rusted :-)

WD-40 seems to work best as a penetrating oil to free up stuck stuff.

Bruce in Bangkok
(brucepaigeatgmaildotcom)