Roger Long Roger Long is offline

Default battery purchase recommendation wanted

Go with AGM's. Yeah, more expensive, less performance, can't "play" with
them, etc., etc. However, the electrical loads and starting loads on a boat
like yours are modest. The cost of AGM batteries is a blip in the cost of
boat ownership. If you take a knockdown or go up on a beach and the
batteries get loose, the last thing you'll need at that point is acid in the
bilges mixing with seawater. AGM's can explode but it's far less likely.

I bought mine at Battery World in Portland. I can't remember what I paid
but it was way less than at a marine store.

--
Roger Long