Sockmonkey

Default Is my oil injection working

Is running with too much oil bad for the engine? Or just bad for the
environment?

"Dean" wrote in message
If you have to ask that question, it is probably working. Your
average outboard would last a few minutes at idle, probably 30 seconds
or so under full throttle, if even that. If you are worried, do at
least 100:1 pre-mix in your regular gas tank. That ratio will keep
your engine alive even if your oil injection goes out.

-Dean

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 00:24:02 GMT, "Sockmonkey"
wrote:

How do I know if my oil injection is working? I have a 50 hp Johnson, I
think it is a 98 or a 99. I noticed that I haven't added oil in a while

and
the tank still looks relatively full. How long would an outboard run

without
oil before siezing up? How can I test that the engine is still getting

oil.

Thanks

--
http://ripperd2.dhs.org