Larry Larry is offline

Default Tool Box on board .. what goes in the box

" wrote in
oups.com:

I ask the last
because I've found that tools tend to accumulate on boats as the years
go by and the problem becomes which ones to remove rather than which
to add.

Hee hee....Cap'n Geoffrey loves his tools. There's a little mark near
the waterline on both sides of the hull. When the water comes up to the
mark, we all meet to decide which "stuff", including heavy tools, are to
be jettisoned to the dock box (or Geoffrey's stuffed pickup truck which
SHOULD have a similar water mark but doesn't). We usually pry them out
of his grip to get them overboard and make the boat regain some speed. I
told him he needs a towed barge for the "ship shop" we can send on ahead
to the next port-of-call.

"Why do we need wood lathe tools on a sailboat with no lathe?", I query.
You can see his eyebrows perk up trying to decide where the lathe will be
stowed and how to use it in the center cockpit...(c; Maybe we'll get
lucky and he'll just buy a little one...this time.

Larry
--
Lucky for me electronics tools are small and don't weigh much, usually
exempting them from the decisions...(c;