Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Tool Box on board .. what goes in the box

"KLC Lewis" wrote in message
et...

"NE Sailboat" wrote in message
I was taking a look at my tool box today and trying to decide what to take
on board.

If you carry a tool box, could you tell what tools go in the box.

I would start by looking at my boat's systems and determining what it
would require to work on them.

Definitely a good idea. The basic sort of things are, of course, well...
basic. I carry a ClampTite tool used for making impromptu hose clams.
Vice-grips are good to have, as well as an assortment of small screwdrivers.
I carry a wire crimp tool, and hand-twist wire caps of various sizes. I also
carry some tape called Rescue Tape. It's self-bonding, permanent, and water
proof. Found that and the ClampTite at the Strictly Sail show in Oakland.
Some things are specialized, which are determined by the boat systems.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com