Calif Bill

Default ( OT ) Abolish the terror tax

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"John H" wrote in message

When driving through France, one can see a nuclear power plant around

every
curve, it seems. France has not, to my knowledge, had a nuclear

incident.
Why do
we not use more nuclear power? Is it politics?

John H

Perhaps they haven't begun thinking about what to do with the waste yet.
Neither have we. Or you. I suspect you don't think about it because you
don't feel the problem will become critical until you're dead. I, on the
other hand, give a damn about the world my son and his children inherit.

I'm
funny that way.

Then you better worry about the excess radiation releases and mercury
release (major source for mercury in pelagic fish) from coal use. Much more
nasty than Nuc plants. We can bury the waste, which is not very much cubic
meter wise in the middle of a mountain in the desert, or in an old salt
mine, or in an underground nuclear explosion cavern.