posted to rec.boats.paddle.touring
Don Freeman Don Freeman is offline

Default New to Sea Kayaking

"Ryan G" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a Dagger Cypress (13', no rudder). Does anyone know if this
would be suitable for sea kayaking? I'm a beginner if it doesn't show.

It looks like it would be a good boat for protected waters (lakes, small
bays with breakwaters,...) but as far as open waters I wouldn't recommend it
myself. By the way if you are a beginner, open ocean kayaking is not
something you just jump into. It's a very dangerous environment and it is
essential to develop your paddling skills and rescue techniques before even
attempting. There is probably a paddling club or two in your area where you
can get help and experience as well as gain paddling partners.

--
-Don
Ever had one of those days where you just felt like: