Han

Default replace head on a mercruiser 350 engine

Hi, I need to replace the head gasket of the engine in my boat and I
need some help from you experience folks. I have done it on a truck
engine (same chevy 350 engine) and it was painless. I took the heads
out and bring them to the engine shop to resurface the head. They
said the head was cracked and I pay a little extra to exchange for a
good one. I install the exchanged heads and everything went pretty
smooth.

I have no experience with marine engine. I know I need to use marine
stainless head gasket. Other than that, are they the same? If I have
to exchange the head, will an automotive one work the same? Should I
insist a "marine" head if they must exchange them? Is there such
thing as "marine" head?

While I'm at it, is there anything else I should replace?

Thanks in advance,