navti navti is offline

Default AGM Leisure battery 110AH arrived flat

On May 28, 11:52 pm, "Ken Heaton, Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia"
wrote:
On May 27, 9:20 am, navti wrote:

after 18 hours if charging they are at 12,54 volts,

any thoughts ?

Do you have any idea at what rate you are charging? I don't remember
you mentioning if your charger puts out 2 amps or 10 or 20 or what.
Did you take this voltage measurement with the charger connected and
charging? Or had you disconnected the charger first? Did you put a
small load on the battery for a short time after charging to take off
the surface charge before testing the voltage?

I think I was charging at 7 or 8 amps. I am going to do some more
charging today. My charger can put out 10 or 20 amps.
I charged at 10 but had other loads on the generator (yes i charged
with a generator because thats how i will be using them).
I took the reading after 24 hours of settling,
THats a very good tip regarding the surface charge,
I will try that after my next charge,