posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Butch Davis Butch Davis is offline

Default MarineMax service

Larry,

Good to see you participating again.

On a less positive note, I'll guess you've never pulled a set of diesel
injectors. More often than not they don't just pop right out.

If they are really "in there" the only way to remove them is to loosen the
mounting hardware a skosh and crnk the engine in hopes that the compression
pressures will knock them loose. Do not, repeat, do not remove the mounting
hardware before cranking the engine. An injector flying through the air is
just like a missle and quite as deadly.

Butch
"Larry" wrote in message
jamesgangnc wrote in
oups.com:

Worst thing about injectors is pulling them as they are usually in
there pretty good.

Huh? Some unscrew like a spark plug. Others have two bolts holding down
holder bar like our Perkins. You'll need a socket and open end wrench to
get the line off it. It helps if an intake or exhaust valve is open...(c;

Larry
--
Grade School Physics Factoid:
A building cannot freefall into its own footprint without