posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Messing In Boats Messing In Boats is offline

Default MarineMax service

I recently brought mt boat into their Wrightsville Beach, SC facility
for repair. Their tech misdiagnosed the problem and replaced all my
fuel filters instead of finding the one bad fuel injector. Then they
wanted to rebuild or replace all the injectors and the injector pump,
so I pulled out and found someone else. What's interesting is the
letter I got from their service advisor after I complained about
spending over $200 and not having my boat fixed. He may not be much of
a service advisor, but he sure has a future in customer relations

"I apologize that you are not satisfied with the service you received
at Marinemax. I believe that you are not up set with the service you
received but instead what the service cost you. I hope that you think
back to our conversation on the dock. I never told you that all of
your injectors need to be replaced. I told you that you had two
injectors that where clogged and that we could have them rebuilt or
replaced, however I suggested to you that you rebuild or replace all
of the fuel injectors. I also suggested that you rebuild or replace
your fuel pump. If you remember when I finished explaining the problem
to you, I told you that I would give you a little time to think about
what course of action you wanted to take. I also offered to put you
on my dock for the night at no charge.

It is in poor character that you place an entry on the internet
giving partial details of what actually occurred. My tech also had
other boats to take care of and placed you at the top so that you
could continue your voyage. While I understand your complaint and
frustration, I believe that direction you are venting your frustration
is in the wrong direction.

As a fellow police officer I would expect that a retired police
officer would not jeopardize his integrity the way you have. It is
your choice to bad mouth MarineMax, the service advisor, and tech;
however I would think you would at least tell the truth. I know that
you are familiar with slander, and your dictation of the events that
occurred is just that, slander. Mr. XXXXX I hope that you will take
the time to learn your preventive maintenance schedule and follow it,
it will save you a tremendous amount of time, and money.

Mr. XXXXX, I also hope that your further posting paint the entire
truth. When you begin attacking honesty and integrity, search hard
and try to tell the truth. In your attempts to attack Marinemax, and
its employees, you are the one who lost out. I hope if the truth
finds its way on to your blogs, you have time left to repair what it
took a life time to build, HONESTY & INTEGRITY. GOOD LUCK IN YOUR
JOURNEY.

Service Advisor

MarineMax Wrightsville Beach"