Gary Warner

Default Transducer Installation

"BigBadJohn" wrote in message
om...
I am Installing a Transom Mount Transducer on my 21' SeaRay.
How high up should the thru hole be for the transducer cable?
The water line is just below the swim platform. And the black cable
won't look too nice against my white transom. Any thoughts or
experiences appreciated.

TIA

Others have mentioned using different installation locations
and/or methods. They may be good ideas. But to answer
the question you asked: I'd drill the hole above the water
line by a few inches but below the swim platform. I know
you say the water line is "just below" the platform, but
usually there is at least an inch or two. Anyway, then seal
the hole with calk on both sides (3M 4200 probably). If the
hole is only slightly bigger than the cable not enough water
would come in to cause a serious problem anyway. And
sealed there should be no water coming in.

Note: When I first started I got confused when someone typed
"Thru-Hull" because transducers can be mounted in a hole that
does through the hull (with the transducer actuall touching the water)
or they can be mounted where the transducer is INSIDE the boat,
not touching the water and just shooting it's signal "through the hull."