mono sect

Default Transducer Installation

"Marty S." wrote in message
Actually, I had this same question for the Bass Pro Shop salesman. I have

small aluminum jon boat and I didn't feel comfortable drilling holes for

the
transducer and cable and then making sure that they were watertight...
especially with leaks over the next few years... The salesman said to

get
some strong epoxy and just glue the transducer mount to the rear of the
boat.

--
Marty S.
Baltimore, MD USA

The transom is thick enough on a wood and fiberglass boat to handle the 1/2"
wood screws that come with the transom mount kit. I can appreciate your
concerns having an aluminum boat though.

I always thought a threw hull mount would degrade the performance of the
transducer, man was I wrong. As long as there are no bubbles in the
fiberglass (I called the dealer, he said no prob), threw hull mounting
rocks.

"mono sect" wrote in message
Epoxy it to the bottom of your craft, it's easier and just as sensitive,

no
kidding.

This is my second boat and third transducer but first through hull

mount.
We
can be underway or fast trolling and have a clear and 'detailed' view of

the
life and terrain beneath us.

Did I mention fast trolling?

Go for it, you won't regret it!

"BigBadJohn" wrote in message
om...
I am Installing a Transom Mount Transducer on my 21' SeaRay.
How high up should the thru hole be for the transducer cable?
The water line is just below the swim platform. And the black cable
won't look too nice against my white transom. Any thoughts or
experiences appreciated.

TIA