posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default America's Cup 32nd

"katy" wrote in message
Bart wrote:

Right about that. We should have fielded out own skipper. In
fact the entire crew should have been Americans.

How about Buddy Melges, Paul Cayard, or Dennis Conner?

Not that Chris Dickson is that bad.
Each would have done a better job.

I don't get it, either...why we would import sailors when we have
traditionally had some of the best is beyond me...I can understand why D.
Conners might shy away from it..maybe he feels his reputation wouldn't
survive another loss...I except for money, why would a non-American give a
rat's patoot whether they won the Cup back for us or not? WOuld seem
obbious that they might have another agenda...

It's all about big money at this point. That and ego (Ellison's).

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com