Jim Rojas

Default Salt water and Fibreglass Boats

I flush my motor, trailer, and wash the decks with Dawn dishwashing liquid
in an Ortho lawn dial sprayer. If you want the boat to last, flush the
engine & trailer everytime you use it in salt water. In fresh water, rinsing
is fine.

Jim Rojas

"Shakeel" wrote in message
. com...
There is a lot of web pages that talk about salt damage to boats in
sal****er. Is this something I have to worry about if I trailer my boat

(say
a searay or four winns 200,210) and use it in salt water occasionally.

Most
of the time we will be on Lakes here in Northern California
(Sacramento/Folsom) but thinking about going out to SF bay (salt water)

when
weather permits. My question is

1. What parts do I pay attention to and maintain after a sal****er trip

from
the bay ?

2. Or fibreglass boats with inboard generally a bad idea for salt water.

Thanks