RW Salnick RW Salnick is offline

Default Suggestions for a low maintenace, low operating cost, seaworthypower boat 40 - 45'?

Matt O'Toole brought forth on stone tablets:
On Mon, 21 May 2007 13:36:27 -0700, druid wrote:

On Sun, 20 May 2007 21:54:18 -0700, ron wrote:

I'd be interested in what others might suggest. By the way I live in
the Pacific NW.

Have you looked at a Maple Leaf 42? I know you said powerboat, but
they're basically a motorsailor. Nice combination of liveaboard,
motoryacht and sailboat, and made here in the Pac NW (in BC, I believe!)

I'll second that suggestion. The Maple Leaf is both a great sailboat,
and a great powerboat, a rare combination. Beware though, a lot of them
were owner-finished, and pretty rough inside. The 100% Cooper-built
boats as nice as anything ever made.

BTW, I spend my summers on a Maple Leaf 50, one of three built.

Matt O.

Would one of 'em be AkWa? We are docked next to her...

bob
s/v Eolian
Seattle