William G. Andersen

Default Salt water and Fibreglass Boats

Most talk about salt damage is just that - talk.
Wash off the boat, flush the engine, and hose off the trailer after use.
If you can't wash the boat right away, at least try to hose it off. The
trailer will probably suffer the most because you'll be getting it wet to
launch and it will sit all day before you recover the boat and wash things
down.
I've had my 1998 19' bowrider with 3 liter sterndrive since it was new. My
boating used to be fresh water in the summer and salt water the rest of the
year, for the last two years it's mostly salt water. I go out at least twice
a week. It only looks old because I don't take the time to wax it - but it
starts right away and runs all day.

"Shakeel" wrote in message
. com...
There is a lot of web pages that talk about salt damage to boats in
sal****er. Is this something I have to worry about if I trailer my boat

(say
a searay or four winns 200,210) and use it in salt water occasionally.

Most
of the time we will be on Lakes here in Northern California
(Sacramento/Folsom) but thinking about going out to SF bay (salt water)

when
weather permits. My question is

1. What parts do I pay attention to and maintain after a sal****er trip

from
the bay ?

2. Or fibreglass boats with inboard generally a bad idea for salt water.

Thanks