Gfretwell

Default Manatee protection

I am actually a lot more interested in the environment than most of the manatee
huggers. I volunteer at DEP, I do water monitoring and take care of a beach
site. I am not opposed to trying to let manatees be but I don't think much of
what they are doing is actually helping. These manatee zones are set up by
polititians not scientists. They certainly don't actually take any manatee
habitat in consideration. It is just a question of saying they are doing
something so they can "mitigate" development somewhere else. It is just a
question of "x" square miles of "protection" in trade for raping another spot.
Both sides are actually being screwed and it is only the big money interests
that prevail.